Happy Tuesday! I totally had a brain fart this morning and thought that it was already Wednesday! Anyway, as promised I’ll share my day 15/30 measurements and everything. But first let me share with you my second Sincere Shares! Sincere Shares Book Club! Don’t the two o’s in the word book up there make you want some donuts?! I’m already thinking about my next treat day…
Alright, here they are:
- Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald – This book is a novel about Zelda Fitzgerald, wife of F.Scott – writer of Great Gatsby among many other literary works. Therese Anne Fowler does an amazing job of looking at history, writings, accounts, etc. and then imagining the emotional journey of Zelda Fitzgerald. Showing all of the romanticism of that time, but also the struggle and entanglement of the high society shenanigans, this book was VERY captivating/ intriguing / interesting to me. Especially because I’ve always dreamed of having lived in the 20’s. I know I’ve probably mentioned this book 1 million times already but I recently finished it not too long ago after having lost it. It’s a good one: “I wish I could tell everyone who thinks we’re ruined, Look closer…and you’ll see something extraordinary, mystifying, something real and true. We have never been what we seemed.”
- Life is Good: The Book – I bought this book because I heard Bert Jacobs give a keynote speech at the Texas Conference for Women and his speech was so inspiring and so moving that I HAD to buy his book, I mean, duh! Haha. If you’re any kind of motivational speaker and I walk away feeling it, there’s 100% you just sold me whatever you’re selling. I can’t help it. But anyway, I really liked this book! In it the Jacob brothers talk about their background, business, how it’s grown, struggles, their customers, etc. But the overarching theme is positivity and authenticity and there’s A LOT that I felt I could take away and incorporate into my daily life.
- IT’S ALL GOOD: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great – I LOVE this cookbook. Especially now that I am changing up my diet and trying to primarily eat clean and nutrient dense foods! The recipes in this book are all clean clean clean and all of the recipes I’ve tried so far are really good! I’ve got the book all bookmarked because there are so many other recipes I want to try. Great cookbook if you are trying to be a little bit more health conscious. But even if not, the recipes are still tasty!
- Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion – Soo excited about this book! I LOVE entrepreneurial reads and this guy has some serious cred. He also has a podcast I love to listen to and I’ve heard only good things about this book so I’m ready for this read to get to me!
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life – This book was recommended by the trainer who founded CSattFitness and the 30 Day Challenge that I’m currently crushing! It apparently inspired him to live a fit and confident life, so I figure why the hell not give it a read?
- A Million Little Ways: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live
- Sacred Marriage Participant’s Guide: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy?
Hope you enjoy some of those! AND I’m always taking recommendations? What are some books I should check out? Really want and appreciate some new suggestions!
Lastly as promised here is what happened on DAY 15 of 30!!! Are you guys ready for this?!? Because I wasn’t: I GAINED two pounds! That’s right. I’ve been working my ass off and I’ve GAINED 2 LBS?!?!
A few things: My first reaction was to freak the flip out. Cry about it a little bit. I got home from the gym after writing all about how I loved this challenge and cried to Sam about it. I literally cried. And told him that I looked like a ragamuffin. Haha! I can laugh at this now because Sam ever so sweetly brought me back to reality. Firstly he assured me I didn’t look like a ragamuffin and that I was beautiful. (So sweet right). Then he told me to KEEP GOING. Tweak some things if I needed to but I’ve only been at it two weeks and it takes longer than that to really see changes. And I STILL love this challenge BTW. Everything I wrote yesterday, I still stand by. This group is so. freakin. supportive. kind of like my loving husband 🙂
I’ve known all along that it’s a process and doing it the RIGHT WAY takes time. It’s just kind of a shock to KNOW you have literally been busting ass for two solid weeks and to see the scale go the opposite direction. Cody is always telling us to STAY OFF THE DAMN SCALE and not let a stupid number dictate how you feel and he’s SO RIGHT! Because here’s where I saw numbers change:
Day 1/30 Day 15/30
Chest: 34 Chest: 34 (I think this has something to do with my sports bra padding)
Waist: 29 Waist: 26!!!
Hips: 36 Hips: 34!!
This shows me that it’s working! SLOW & STEADY. Changing my body from the inside out. I’m building muscle and I’m losing inches but I’ve also seen my acne drastically improve. And that’s how I know I’m fueling my body properly and I’m fueling growth and CHANGE. So I’m really happy about that! But I’ve also learned a big lesson on the value I’ve always placed in wanting to weigh a certain amount. It’s just a dumb number. Everyone’s body is different. And even though it’s good to weigh yourself every now and then it shouldn’t be something to obsess over. Going off the changes I see and feel are much more real than some number on a scale because that CONSTANTLY fluctuates. With what you’re eating, water intake, etc.
Okay, so, that’s where I’m at midway. I’m gonna try to push hard these next few days because on Saturday I head to Minnesota to visit Jess and I won’t really be able to do my regular gym workouts, but we will be biking and getting in a swim! And maybe Jess will even do some of the at-home workouts with me? 😉 We’ll see!
Have a great day blog fam, and don’t forget to leave me book recommendations, pleeeease!! 🙂