We've got a busy day today! Zoey has a vet appt. and I've got to do the Airbnb rounds and then clean house because Sam's family gets into town tomorrow afternoon/evening...and still find a couple Christmas gifts!...anyone else still shopping? Then, I want to do more Christmas baking!! These raspberry shortbread's turned out so good - easy and delicious and I'm LOVING my new kitchen aid, so I'm ready to bake some more! Anyway, you'll love these little festive cookies 🙂 Happy Wednesday!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed until the butter mixture is creamy. Scrape sides of mixing bowl as needed. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour and a pinch of salt. Mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 1 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared pan. Make an indentation in the center of each cookie with your thumb. The edges of the dough may crack slightly. Fill each with a heaping ¼ teaspoon jam.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let the cookies stand 1 minute before removing to a cooling rack. Cool completely.