Good Evening Friends!
It’s been a few days since a post because my brain needed a little R&R, re-group and rest! Last Friday I was nominated for the Liebster Award (you can learn more about what the Liebster Award is exactly by clicking the link) by Cori Walker at www.coriandbrendan.BlogSpot.com (thank you so much Cori!!).
I was really grateful for the nomination because it’s given me a big boost of motivation to keep at it. In short, the Liebster Award is a way to recognize and help promote your favorite bloggers and blogs out there that are fairly new or really new.
Before I ever decided to share my blog with anybody, I intended it to be an output for me to write down my thoughts, or what was going on in a day, and didn’t quite know what it would be. I was talking to Sam about this yesterday…so many blogs have a central theme, what is mine? I don’t really have one. I’m not strictly fashion or beauty or health or food or faith, but my life encompasses all of these things and more. Our lives aren’t really one-dimensional and so I decided that my blog shouldn’t be either, which is why I’ve dubbed it a “lifestyle” blog…people might not be interested in everything I write about since every post could be about a different topic but hopefully one of these little niches will be found interesting by someone and I was happy that Cori thought so!
I decided to share my blog for a few different reasons.
I’ve always enjoyed writing for fun (proper grammar and punctuation excluded) and I still think that in many ways this is for me, an enjoyable outlet and hobby, even a way to grow as I sort out my thoughts through writing, but also my desire in sharing my blog was that it would be helpful to others, that it could be encouraging to others, that it could be a light read or a good recipe or relatable in any way, ETC. So I hope that you enjoy it!
So, in being nominated for this award I’ve got to list 10 facts about myself, answer questions from Cori (the blogger who nominated me) and then come up with ten questions for the bloggers who I nominate: Emilie Finke, Emily Fraker and Greer! Apparently you are supposed to nominate 5 people, but I don’t know that many people. Haha. Anyway I thoroughly enjoy reading these ladies blogs, and I bet you would too!
10 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF:
1. I love Jesus! And I really really need Him because I am human and I am flawed and I am still learning how to love Him and follow Him better. He is my Savior. Just a few of the things He is called in the Bible, all of which he has undoubtedly been in my life: Advocate, Wonderful Counsellor, Deliverer, Light of the world, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Redeemer, Rock, True Light, The Truth, the Way and the Life.
2. I’m coming up on my one year anniversary of being married to Sam on June 27th! OH MY GOODNESS, has it really been this long? This is my life. It’s sinking in now. 😉
3. I’ll be a Kindergarten teacher in the fall. My first “grown-up” job! 7 years of college later and I’ve finally picked something! Haha, sorry mom and dad. But hey, I’ve finally made it. Debt and all. I’m kind of defensive and hesitant to talk about it because I still have no clue what I want to do the rest of my life… though I love little kids, they’re the cutest and I will definitely enjoy teaching for a little while.
4. I have two awesome fur-babies at home. A full Australian Shepherd named Kona who is 11yrs old and an Australian Shepherd-Border Collie Mix named Zoey who will be 10 months old on the 21st (she’s insane)! Sam found both of them through South Texas Aussie Rescue. Sam has had Kona since he was in college and I sort of adopted him as my own when we started dating and I would take care of him while Sam was gone on trips for work. We decided to get Zoey together in November.
5. I really enjoy red wine. I’ll do a white if it’s bubbly and on occasion, but other than that red wine all the way. Cab especially. Merlot sometimes, unless it’s the really fancy stuff because I’ve noticed (thanks to Sam’s company Christmas dinners) that expensive, really good Merlot smells like poop. No joke. In my opinion. I also like Malbec and Shiraz and other Red Blends.
6. I LOVE SWEETS. Especially chocolate! Chocolate bars, chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate mousse, etc. YES, please. OH and APPLE PIE with vanilla ice cream. That might beat out chocolate for me. But really I love almost all sweets (except licorice, ew). And none of this little slice of cake crap, I want an extra big piece of cake/pie. And I want a double/triple-scoop, not a single scoop.
7. I’m not naturally a clean/tidy/organized person. I was the girl in school with the binder that had papers spilling out of it, or books with too many papers stuck in them. When I’m trying to find something to wear, my clothes end up overtaking the carpet. Dishes sometimes pile up in the sink (my cousin and I would get into arguments about this sometimes in college when we lived together, sorry Megan :/). My jewelry ends up on all different tables. Shoes and socks go missing. BUT I will say that I’m getting better. Right, Sam?
8. I’m not as spontaneous as I’d like to think I am. I like to know the plan, and when and where and who. And what and why. And how long.
9. TV Shows that I’m currently watching are The Voice, Grey’s Anatomy, New Girl, Nashville, Unbreakable Kimmy Shmidt, Dancing with the Stars, Blackish and sometimes Brooklyn Nine-Nine with the hub. We like the light-hearted comedy’s but I also like a little bit of drama and I swear, Grey’s makes me teary every week! We also watch About A Boy, but it seems like there hasn’t been a new episode in ages. And we were watching Once Upon a Time until this most recent season, we haven’t gotten back into it just yet…the beginning of the episode with Cruella, Ursula, and whoever the third evil character was kinda threw us off of it. Hokey.
10. IDK, I’m all out of facts right now, if you have any questions for me then please leave a comment or shoot me an email because I’d love to hear from you 🙂 Seriously.
Q: What do you love most about blogging?
A: I love how you quickly discover that you can be reading a blog by a person who lives across the country from you or on another continent entirely, with a totally different lifestyle than your own and still find that you share common experiences, similar internal dialogue and relatable-ness. I also love blogging because it pushes me to try new things and I feel like I am constantly learning whether by reading another blog or by researching something to post about in my own blog.
Q: What food could you not live without?
A: Based on what I eat the most, I would say pizza! But I’d also say Chinese or any Asian food even though I haven’t had any in like a year! I need some Chinese food in my life asap. And recently I would probably say veggies because my body NEEDS those nutrients.
Q: What is your favorite book?
A: I couldn’t possibly remember I’ve read so many that I have loved, all at different stages of my life. I’m currently reading two books for fun: Z a Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald and Nobody’s Cuter than You. Both of which I’m really enjoying so far!
Q: Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
A: If I couldn’t do it and if any of my future daughters weren’t capable of acting then… a couple of my cousins have told me that I remind them of Rachel Bilson? I’ve also gotten Miley Cyrus as a look-alike, not recently, and I wouldn’t want her to play me. The best Doppelganger I ever received was someone telling me that I reminded them of Blake Lively. UM, SHE’S GORGEOUS. I’ll go with her, she can play me in a movie for sure!
Q: Name one of your pet peeves.
A: I wasn’t exactly sure on this one. I’m sure I have a few, but I had to ask Sam and he says lack of planning is my pet peeve. Good to know! And actually yeah, he’s right. I’ve got to know the plan of action! Hah…
Q: What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
A: Red wine, chocolate and recently Nutella. I could and do eat Nutella by the spoons full. It’s terrible.
Q: Are you an “early bird” or a “night owl” or somewhere in between?
A: I love staying in bed as long as I possibly can most days. I love sleep, and naps and just laying in bed while I read or blog, etc. It’s so cozy! But it really all depends, if I know I have stuff to get done then I can get myself out of bed and enjoy the wee hours of the still calm morning. And every night is different. I’ll either be exhausted and fall asleep fast or I’ll stay up until 3 am trying to get tired! This will all probably change come fall when I’m teaching though!
Q: Is there a certain fashion trend that you secretly wish would come back in style?
A: Not off the top of my head, I feel like everything comes back around eventually. But personally I wish I could go back to not caring what I wore, sometimes, like when I was in middle school and was fine throwing on a t-shirt, some overalls (not in the trendy sense), and those big brown 90’s doc martens. Or some socks up to my knees and some tennys. Those were the days!
Q: What is your favorite foreign food?
A: Asian or and Thai
Q: Where is the best place you’ve traveled to?
A: My favorite vacation so far has been Island Hopping in the Bahamas! Beach vacations all the way!!!!!
My Questions for Emilie, Emily and Greer:
1. How would you describe your blog?
2. What are your favorite pastimes?
3. What advice would you give your younger self?
4. What gets you uber can’t contain it soul bursting happy excited?
5. What do you want people to know about- it could be anything?
6. What is your favorite movie and movie night snack?
7. What is your go-to recipe when you cook?
8. If you could start over, would you do anything differently?
9. What song lyrics, if any, speak to your life?
10. What place/destination is at the top of your travel/vacation bucket list?