These Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies are legitimately DELICIOUS. Like seriously, nobody would know they were healthy or made with CHICKPEAS! I seriously ate two for breakfast yesterday morning and then two after lunch. SO yummy.
Sam finished the rest of them off for breakfast this morning! I was like ‘babe you seriously didn’t save me one’? And he was like ‘BUT YOU had eaten most of them already’! Haha 😉 so I guess it’s safe to say this recipe is a keeper!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
What You’ll Need
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed & drained
- ½ cup NATURAL peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey (maple syrup for the vegan version)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips, reserve ¼ cup for the top
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a brownie pan
- In a food processor (or high speed blender), add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth, similar consistency to hummus
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the dark chocolate chips
- Scoop the batter into the greased pan and smooth it out evenly. Lightly press the remaining chocolate chips over top
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (maybe even a little bit less – I’d watch over it every now and then) or until toothpick comes out clean. This will vary with ovens so be patient and wait until the edges are beginning to brown
- Cool for 10 minutes
- Cut into squares
Hope you all enjoy!! Leave a comment and let me know what you think!