So my dad turned 50!!! Cheers to 50 more good years for my dad because I can’t imagine life without him. He’s pretty great! Really awesome in fact. The handiest man I know, the hardest working, the smartest, a man of faith and most recently a PILOT. He does it all! I love my dad.
My mom threw him a really fancy really amazing dinner party. This was night 3 of celebrating. Night one she cooked him a fancy dinner just w/the fam (which you might of seen if you follow on SNAP), night two was bowling (also, really, you gotta follow on snap because I just love that social media platform…and I shared my victorious win and my defeating loss at bowling). Night THREE was this fancy formal dinner.
I gotta say, mom did a great job!!! <—(Hopefully one day, after many burnt meals and learning experiences I’ll be able to cook as good as her.)
So there were 6 courses and I’m sharing links to the recipes that inspired the menu! Bon Appetit & Happy Party Planning!
- The Appetizers: Shrimp Cocktail and Mini Crab Cakes w. Chardonnay
- Tomato & Parmesan Soup w. a Red Blend
- Chopped Bacon Salad w. Zinfandel
- Cranberry Balsamic Pork Loin w. Mashed Potatoes & Bacon Wrapped Asparagus w. Cabernet
- A Cheese Platter w. Pinot Noir
- And a homemade secret recipe German Chocolate Cake w. Spumante! Maybe I’ll share it later if I can get my hands on it 😉 I ate way too much of it for breakfast yesterday…
Hope you feel inspired to have people over and host a great party! If there’s one thing I LOVE to do it’s have people over to the house and host things, it’s just so much fun! Definitely got some good ideas from my mom’s food & wine pairing dinner party.