Happy SEPTEMBER 1st!!! WHAT?!? I’m really excited about September because
- Labor Day Weekend, need I say more?
- Sam’s birthday is in September
- Megan’s Bridal Shower is in September
- My mother-in-laws birthday is in September
- I am soooo excited that we are almost to fall! I love love love the weather change and I’m always excited about the anticipation of the holidays 🙂 It makes me feel giddy and warm. Kind of like this recipe by Sam…
Last week I blogged about Sam making some super good chicken curry, and this week he’s perfected it! So I want to share his recipe with you all 🙂 it’s seriously good stuff!
- 3lbs Chicken
- 1 Whole Onion
- 3 Cooking Potatoes
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 TSP Cayenne
- 1 TSP Ginger
- 2 Jars of Curry Paste
- 1.5 – 2 Cans Coconut Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Naan & Rice to eat with it.
- Cut the fat off the chicken and pound it out! (Sam had to use an actual hammer because we didn’t have a food mallet!)
- Season the chicken really well!! Sam used pepper, garlic powder, season-it-all and cumin but you can use whatever you want! He always pulls random spices or whatever he thinks sounds good…and it always works out for him which is pretty impressive.
- Bake the chicken on 325 degrees for 13-18 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Cut up your potatoes, bell pepper, onion, & garlic and sautee them in a pan.
- Cut up your cooked chicken and throw it in a pot along with your sautéed veggies. and the divided cauliflower.
- Add the coconut milk, curry paste, ginger, cayenne, salt and pepper to the pot, bring to a boil and then let it simmer down a little bit for maximum flavor.
- Cook rice (or quinoa)
- Serve curry over a bed of rice (white, brown or even some quinoa instead) and enjoy!
Hope you love this chicken curry as much as we do 🙂
PROPS to my chef of a husband.