brie and apple sandwich
Happy Friday! I was randomly craving this sandwich yesterday so I ate it for lunch and dinner! Haha. I first had a toasted brie and apple sandwich when I visited Tulsa, Oklahoma with Sam back in March. There was this cute little cafe/bakery called Heirloom Baking Co. and I stopped in for lunch after a long walk back from the Philbrook Museum of Art (which is a GORGEOUS old manor with beautiful gardens). I ordered their version of the brie and apple sandwich and i don't know if it's because I was starving or what but I kept thinking, "this is the best sandwich ever" and it stuck with me.
The Heirloom Baking Co. version didn't have turkey on it but when I was Pinteresting Brie and Apple Sandwiches, most of them added turkey - so I decided to give that try!
- French bread would be best but you can use whatever bread you like best.
- deli-sliced turkey
- brie cheese
- granny smith apples
- greens (optional)
- apple butter (i already had some in the fridge and thought this went great with it!)
- spread apple butter on each slice of bread
- add the turkey, slices of apple, and slices of brie
- toast / panini press your sandwich