Remember when I told you guys on Insta that I would share the BEST Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe with you?!?!? Well here it is and it’s the EASIEST thing to make in the world. But it tastes like you put a lot of time and effort into it…which is the best because you can act super impressive 😉 Sam loves it, and I love it and I’m actually super excited about leftovers! We had enough for dinner and lunch AND dinner tomorrow!
We plan on getting up before 6am tomorrow to do Body Pump (I plan on setting five alarms and setting out my gym clothes so that this actually happens), and I’m even thinking about eating this after the workout as a second breakfast 😉 So here ya go 🙂 It’s that good!
The original recipe is posted on Gimme Some Oven but shared to me by my momma!
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
This slow cooker chicken enchilada soup recipe only takes about 10 minutes of prep time, and it is oh-so-delicious and comforting.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup (or 1 10-ounce can) red enchilada sauce*, homemade or store-bought
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn**, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 hours on high heat or 6-8 hours on low heat, until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Serve warm, with optional garnishes.
- You can also refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Or freeze it for up to 3 months.
Hope you love it!