yummy pumpkin deliciousness
I've been wanting to make some baked donuts forever now! Donuts + Pumpkin, how can you go wrong with that? Sometimes sacrificing a smaller waist for savory seasonal moments like eating a pumpkin donut with a warm cup of coffee on a crisp fall morning is totally worth it!
So round up the ingredients for these donuts, make a pot of coffee, turn on some smooth morning music and make the most perfect fall breakfast - baked pumpkin donuts!
If you don't own a donut pan, you NEED to buy one, or two, right now! I'm in love and I've got a list of different donuts that I can't wait to bake my way through! And THESE nonstick pans are amazing!
Credit for the original recipe goes to Deliciously Sprinkled. This recipe turned out SO great! The donuts were fluffy yet satisfying - the perfect consistency and the perfect pumpkin donut to play around with different toppings. I tried the glaze from the original recipe (mine turned out darker because I used more cinnamon and added pumpkin spice) and played around with a pumpkin-y sugar coating as well. I think I preferred coating them in butter and sugar, because I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world. But you'll have to try these for yourself and let me know which way you prefer!
*also I would advise eating them right away, and putting what is leftover in a tupperware in the fridge because they do tend to get soft and soggy depending on which topping you choose to do.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
Cinnamon Sugar & Pumpkin Spice Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
Cinnamon & Pumpkin Spice Sugar Coating:
- granulated sugar
- big dash of cinnamon
- big dash of pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- In a large bowl or kitchen-aid, mix together:
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 big tsp of pumpkin spice
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into kitchen-aid ingredients until combined. Don't over mix!
- Evenly fill donut molds with mixture, smoothing out with a spoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and then cool completely before topping each donut.
Make the cinnamon sugar glaze:
Mix 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tbs milk, dash cinnamon, and dash nutmeg until smooth. Dunk top of each donut into the glaze and place rack/tray to let set.
Make the cinnamon and pumpkin spice sugar coating:
Mix 1 cup of granulated sugar, a big dash of cinnamon and a big dash of pumpkin spice. Stir until mixed well. Melt 1/4 cup butter. Dunk donut in butter and then into the sugar mix and coat evenly.