Merry Christmas Eve!!! Hope it's full of good people, good food and good times! We're heading to church at 2 and then over to my parents house for the evening - gotta make the rounds! Here's one more cookie recipe that has been a big hit with everyone - tastes just like a Twix! I used the same shortbread base recipe as the Raspberry shortbread recipe that I shared a few days ago and then just rolled out the dough, cut them into nice circles and topped each one with melted caramel (let harden) then melted chocolate! YUM. Thanks for the idea, This Grandma is Fun!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- pinch of salt
- 15 oz caramel (I used 2 packs of the kraft caramels)
- 1 big bag of milk chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed until the butter mixture is creamy. Scrape sides of mixing bowl as needed. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour and a pinch of salt. Mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 1 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out dough and cut into shape of choice! I used a circular cookie cutter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let the cookies stand 1 minute before removing to a cooling rack. Cool completely before topping with caramel and chocolate.
- Melt caramel according to directions on bag and then spoon melted caramel onto the tops of each cooled cookie.
- After the caramel is cooled and hardened, melt the chocolate according to directions and then spoon chocolate on top of the caramel on each cookie and let cool and harden!
- THEN try not to eat the whole batch, because they're THAT GOOD 😉