Hope everyone had an awesome Labor Day weekend!! It’s awesome that this week is only four days, but I cant be the only who has wondered how four days can still feel like the length of a regular week and why on earth we don’t just make 3 day weekends an official thing??!
I spent labor day with my family, which I talked about here (and shared my mom’s awesome homemade chicken soup recipe).
It was really good except for I think my dad got sick because of me 🙁
I swear whatever I got from the kids at school is not going away! And it’s super contagious, so if I see you in real life stay far far away from me! I’m actually finally starting to come out of it though I think, so that’s good! I can’t wait to get back into the gym!
Anyway, my mom had a shrimp boil on Monday for labor day and it was amazing! So I’m sharing another one of her recipes with you all!
- 1 packet of the shrimp boil
- 2 bags of red potatoes – cut in half if large
- 12 mini corns
- 2 1/2 lbs of shrimp
- 2 lbs of sausage sliced
- 3 lemons halved
- Bring enough water to cover food to a boil with the seasoning packet and lemons already added
- Add the potatoes – cook 15 minutes
- Add the corn – cook 5 minutes
- Add the sausage and shrimp – cook 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat and let stand in water for 10 minutes
- Drain and serve
Happy Wednesday! Enjoy 🙂