savory warm sweet and spicy pumpkin chili
I shared this on texashillcountry.com last week, but I'm sharing it again on the blog this evening because it seems like fall is finally heading to Texas...it's been rainy the past few days and tonight it's starting to feel a little bit cooler. But who knows with Texas weather, although, it is November so we are usually into colder weather by now! Come on Texas, catch up!
If you like pumpkin then you'll really enjoy this chili recipe! It's super easy (always love a good crockpot recipe) and it's got great flavor. It's perfect for a November night dinner! If you try it out, let me know what you think 🙂
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 15 oz. can chili beans
- 1 15 oz. can seasoned black beans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add ground turkey and chopped onion. Continue to cook until ground turkey is crumbly and no longer pink, and then drain and discard any fat.
- Transfer cooked turkey and onions to a slow cooker and stir in all remaining ingredients. Set crock pot to the low heat setting. Cover and cook for 3 hours.
original recipe on momswithcrockpots.com