If you haven't heard of Lipsense by now... then maybe you should teach us all a lesson about living life without internet! And you probably aren't reading this... so nevermind.
Lipsense is the magical lipgloss that is all the rage right now. It exfoliates your lips, it moisturizes them, and the color stays on until the next morning when your husband looks over at you and wonders why your lips are so red but you have no other makeup on, which reminds you that you need to take it off.
*disclaimer* I am NOT selling lipsense. I'm just sharing my thoughts, and how to apply it! BUT Hannah, The Moxie Babe, does sell Lipsense and if you are interested in buying some at a 10% discount, you can reach out & say you found her through me!
I had tried Lipsense at a wine event several months ago with my friend Ashley. I tried a bright red color, drank wine all night and it stayed on the entire time! So naturally I wanted to try it again, and Hannah recommended a shade she thought would look good with my skin tone and I went with it!
There are a million colors to choose from, but below I'm showing you how to apply Lipsense with my Caramel Apple color! The different steps and a little about each part of the process - which might seem like it takes a long time, but in reality when you aren't trying to document it, it's a quick process.
The Lipsense Kit
A Lipsense Kit (does not mean you are ordering a kit to start selling it, don't worry!) is a bundle of the Lipsense trio: an OOPS REMOVER, a COLOR OF CHOICE, and the MOISTURIZING GLOSS.
How to Apply Lipsense
Use the OOPS! Remover to get old color off and prime your lips. Swipe the remover onto the top and bottom lip, let it sit there for a minute and then wipe it off with a paper towel/towel.
Apply color BUT before applying your color note:
- You only want to swipe left to right or right to left whichever feels most natural to you. Don't go back over it during each layer!
- You'll want to wipe sides of the brush against the tube opening to remove excess color so that it goes on evenly.
- You will be doing three layers of color on each lip. You might have to do two swipes per layer if your lips are bigger, like mine. I would swipe the top of my lower lip and the bottom of my lower lip seperatley and count that as one layer!
- You want to let each layer dry a little before putting the next one on.
- After you finish 3 layers on both lips, you'll let the color dry a minute and then go ahead and gloss away!
- You can be very liberal with your moisturizing gloss. Swipe it on any way you want and use it as often as you want!
1, 2, 3 & you're done! It's actually super easy and doesn't take as long as you're probably thinking it does.
My favorite thing about Lipsense is probably just how long it actually does stay on! It's perfect for parties, dates, the upcoming holidays, or get together's where you know there will be photos taken and you don't want to worry about your lip color coming off or having to reapply after every cocktail and bite of food.
I'll keep you posted on how it actually makes my lips feel after awhile if you're interested. Because I have CHRONIC dry lips, and it's too soon to tell if Lipsense will cure that. But if you have any other questions, ask away 🙂