These little Festive Rice Krispie Wreath's are the easiest to make, and this season I've really been loving simple, cute and easy!
Especially because I've been procrastinating. Still need to get our Christmas shopping done!! Some day I'll get my life completely together and shop gifts throughout the year and during the sales.
We've also been "cleaning and organizing" the house forever now! Can anyone relate? We start to organize but things get messier as we put things into piles and then we take a break that turns into a couple weeks of piles just sitting around the house. I will say it would be A LOT easier if we had a garage or an attic... but still, I've been trying to pawn everything off to my sister-in-law haha and nobody likes old junk! Sorry Julie...
Anyway, you remember those candy corn krispies i made this fall (P.S. TIME FLIES SO FAST)? Well, I figured since you can do so many things with rice krispies that I would make a Christmas treat with them too!
AND since apparently 12 Days of Giving starts on December 1st, these would be super easy to whip up and take over to your neighbors tonight!! Happy December (aka best month of the year)!!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 6 cups Krispies
- 6 cups mini mallows
- 5tbs butter
- teal or green food coloring gel
- donut pan or circle cookie cutter
HOW TO MAKE FESTIVE RICE KRISPIE WREATHS:
- Melt 5tbs butter in a big pot over medium heat
- Add the 6 cups of mini mallows and stir until melted
- Mix in drops of teal or green food coloring - I only had teal so I mixed in enough to where it was dark/more greenish looking
- Add in the 6 cups of rice krispies cereal and stir until the mallow and krispies are mixed together well.
- Press the treats into a donut pan or let them set in a regular pan and cut them with a circle/wreath cookie cutter. Be sure to butter or coat pan with non-sticking spray
- Press the mini M&M's into the wreath while it's setting.
- THEN ENJOY! And give to your neighbors or co-worker's or bring them for snack time at your kiddos school. Happy DECEMBER!!!