I'll be honest, I could definitely kick up my hair game a little bit. It's been the same forever, for years and years now. I haven't colored my hair since high school, which by the way is a great thing because black hair was not a good look for me and I can't think of any color besides my natural one that would look good with my skin tone. Oh and there was that one strand of pink in college. Other than that no highlights or anything since high school! And actually, I only had my hair highlighted once and it was at a TGF Haircutters because that sort of thing was way more expensive anywhere else...
Nowadays I love my natural color - not to say I wouldn't play with it ever again because when the ombre was a big deal I REALLY wanted to try it. Although I could possibly go bald at this point because my hair is perpetually dry. And also, I once had a guy in high school tell me that I should go blonde and ever since then I've been defiantly proud to be a brunette. BRUNETTE LOVE.
So anyway that's some of my hair history.
Nowadays I get my hair cut maybe two or three times a year when the split ends have multiplied to the point that my head looks like an old broom with dust mites hanging off of it. And I'll go days during a normal week without brushing my hair and just throwing into a bun or a ponytail for errands. So... you can see I've come a long way.
THIS IS WHY I love places like Drybar (if you want to sponsor me Drybar that would be lovely because this is not). I had the opportunity to visit Drybar for their grand opening at the Domain Northside here in Austin and I've got to give them major props because this place stood out amongst similar places that I've been before and I'll share why in a sec.
First of all anyplace that wants to wash, condition, dry and style my hair with amazing products that leave my hair silky smooth and smelling great...I'm game. Because that takes a lot of effort that I usually don't care much about putting forth. But also...
Why I LOVE Drybar
- They will wash and blowout your hair for $45 bucks! Which is less than getting a wash & haircut at a nice salon. & I think it makes for a fun treat-yo-self for special occasions or just any regular Monday that you need a pick-me-up.
- They give you champagne during your style sesh! Or coffee or water, whatever you prefer.
- They play fun music.
- They have TV's in front of you playing chick-flicks like How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and 500 Days of Summer.
- They use Buttercup (their famous hairdryer) that dries hair 20% faster than other blow-dryers with less damage because of some super fancy technology.
- The decor is so chic and warm with grays and happy pops of yellow - super appealing.
- It smells amazing in Drybar!
- They have super cute names for all of the products they sell: Happy Hour, Texas Tea, Sake Bomb, Hot Toddy, Southern Belle, Etc.
- They make having your hair done fun & simple! I tried The Cosmo and The Cosmo-Tai w/a braid! Loved each style and the whole experience.