DIY POPCORN COSTUME
*Thanks to Studio DIY for this tutorial!
Here it is! I made the Popcorn costume and I think I like it better than the DIY Gumball Machine! First of all I LOVE the dress that makes up the striped part of this costume. It's so comfy! The top with crumpled paper, not so much, but it definitely feels more fun on! I will say that the gumball machine costume is cute and way comfier all around. But what do you think? Which one do you like better?
I found the dress and hanes shirt on Amazon. The dress was sold out the last I checked, so I'll link similar ones below! The Hanes shirt was only $3! I used the same red heels that I found on Amazon for the gumball machine costume. Bought the yellow spray paint on Amazon for around $3 too. And we had computer paper already lying around. So this costume was pretty simple to make as well - And more fun because it involved spray paint!
What You'll Need:
- Red & White Striped Dress/Skirt
- White T-Shirt
- Computer Paper
- Yellow Spray Paint
- Hot Glue Gun
- Red Heels
How to DIY:
- I cut the White T-Shirt to the length that I wanted it to fall over my dress. Simply folded it where I liked it and took a pair of scissors to it!
- Next take the white computer paper and tear a stack of it in half. Then crumple the halves to make little popcorn puffs and make sure you make enough to cover your shirt. Like Studio DIY mentions in her tutorial, it's easiest to fold the edges of the paper under as you crumple it!
- Once you have all of your paper poopcorns, spray paint them yellow! If you like buttery popcorn make them super yellow or leave some white, it's up to you! I spot sprayed the popcorn and just eyeballed it!
- Then you'll hot glue each popcorn to the shirt as close together as you can get them! Try and get a good surface area of hot glue on the bottom of each popcorn so that it sticks to the shirt well, I had a few already fall off that I need to touch up!
- Then voila! Pop around at the Halloween party! 😉
Vertical Red Stripe Options