Valentine's Day is right around the corner, so today I'm sharing a date night that Sam and I loved!
I came across Datebox while browsing ideas for Valentine's Day online, and decided to put together a super romantic and intimate evening at home.
Keep reading because I want to give one of you lucky people the opportunity to win a Datebox for you and your love!
Datebox is a subscription date in a box (like the name suggests) that arrives once a month. You can personalize your dates through your profile, choose an 'in-home' or 'in-your-city' Datebox and it basically contains all of the items needed to curate a perfect date with your loved one.
We received two different Datebox's, so we'll use the second one on Valentine's Day, but decided to go ahead and try the first one so we could share it with you all and we honestly loved it! Inside of our first box was a nice white sturdy glass fondue kit, chocolate & sweetened condensed milk for the fondue, marshmallows, rice krispies, date night question cards (which was one of our favorite parts), and star chart cards for stargazing after fondue.
I decided to set up a teepee fort in the living room in front of our fireplace as the backdrop to our romantic evening.
- I used 4, 8 foot 1X2 wood boards, tied them together with a rope at the top and meticulously placed two sheets over it. Then threw a flower garland (from Michaels) around the top, placed some pillows inside, set out some champagne, the fondue set and it was ready to go!
Before the date we made tacos together, then lit the fire, snapped some photos (obviously haha) and then set aside our phones and had the most meaningful quality time, more than we'd had in a long time!
The cards had questions like: "Your best quality is: _____ ", "You have the cutest quirk where you: _____", "How can I encourage you more?", etc. There were SO many good questions and prompts and it really helped us to connect in a way that we don't always make the extra effort to.
Things like that can often be harder for me than Sam because I don't necessarily love talking about feely things but I know how good it is in a relationship to have that kind of communication! But we had so much fun with it - Sam and I both really enjoyed our date in a box and can't wait to use the second one on Valentine's Day!
To win a Datebox:
- Follow me on Instagram @amandakwaltman
- Follow Datebox on Instagram @getdatebox
- Tag 2 people on this Instagram post that might like to try Datebox as well.
- Subscribe to my blog if not already subscribed.
- For an extra entry: Comment on this blog post below!
Good Luck and Happy Date Night-ing!!!!