Good Morning Lovelies!
Sam and I are back from the Cali coast (sad face). I’m going to upload a post on our trip in a few days – Do’s & Don’ts, recommendations and honest opinions about LA…so stay tuned for that!
We got in late Tuesday night, spent the night at my parents house to get the pups and then got up and headed over to our rental because it’s open for two nights!
I wanted to cook something semi-healthy for dinner since we did so much eating out over the weekend, but I also wanted it to be easy because I would’ve much rather ordered out for dinner…haha…
But these Chicken, Cheese & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers were super easy and Sam LOVED them. Huge fan. So give them a try and let me know how it goes 🙂
Chicken, Cheese & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 2 large red peppers – halved lengthwise and seeded (I filled three halves full with this recipe so adjust measurments accordingly. Could have filled four if I filled them halfway, but I wanted them to be stuffed all the way!)
- 1 cup prepared quinoa
- 1 cup cooked diced chicken
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Cilantro to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking sheet with the halved peppers, cut side up.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, diced chicken, salsa, onion powder, taco seasoning, cheese, and sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Fill each pepper with the mixture.
- Sprinkle tops with a little extra cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!