Hey friends! Fall is here and any plan I had of being healthy has met it's demise! Hahaha, just kidding, that's what my juice is for. Balance. I saw a pin the other day that read: "some days you eat salad and go to the gym, some days you eat cupcakes and refuse to put on pants, it's called balance, right?" And I have never read anything more true 😉
But really I just always feel a little more inspiration and motivation to make and bake things in the fall - anyone else? Have I already talked about this? I might have early Alzheimer's and I'm not joking. It runs in the family and I can't remember anything anymore...
You know how I've been trying to find my cure for hormonal acne...well, I think I know the culprit. It's stress. It's the same thing that's giving me memory loss!
I mean, what am I stressing about? Everything. Ever-y-thing. Why? I DON'T KNOW.
But at the same exact time I feel motivated, and refreshed with the tiny bits of fall weather we've been getting here in Austin, and I feel that everything is good, even if it's ever stressful.
Just know that my sweet tooth isn't in response to stress, it's out of pure love for baking and getting into the season! And these little candy corn krispies are just the cutest and they're super easy to make!
Candy Corn Krispies
These little things were a creation found on Pinterest - where all of the things are found. Just know if by chance I one day create something all my own in a moment of genius, I will most definitely let you know - probably shout it from the rooftops and pin it to my Pinterest more than the normal three times that I already share my own posts for exposure... Otherwise I probably found the idea on Pinterest and I'm trying it out for myself and simply sharing that experience.
BUT GUYS, aren't these candy corn krispies so cute? I thought so! They were super easy to make and would be really hard to mess up, so I definitely recommend trying these out if you're looking for some fun fall centered treats.
What you need:
- 6 cups Krispies
- 6 cups mini mallows
- 5tbs butter
- orange food coloring gel
- bakers chocolate for melting
- chocolate candy coating
- white chocolate candy coating
How to Make Candy Corn Krispies:
- Melt 5tbs butter in a big pot over medium heat
- Add the 6 cups of mini mallows and stir until melted
- Mix in drops of orange food coloring - just eyeball it! Make it as light or dark orange as you want.
- Add in the 6 cups of rice krispies cereal and stir until the mallow and krispies are mixed together well.
- Press the treats into a 11x13 dish to set. Be sure to butter or coat pan with non-sticking spray
- Once the rice krispies are set cut them into triangles. It's easiest to cut a straight line down the middle horizontally first and then make the triangles from there. Then round the edges once cut!
- Once cut melt the chocolate candy coating and dip the wide end of the triangle into the chocolate, then let dry.
- Next melt the white chocolate candy coating and dip the smaller pointed end of the triangle in the white chocolate and let dry!
- THEN ENJOY! And give to your neighbors or co-worker's or bring them for snack time at your kiddos school. Happy Fall 🙂