I'm Getting Under Eye Filler This Morning!
Part of me feels so nervous! I've never done anything like this before so I'm wondering how everything will go!
Will the changes be just subtle enough that I still look the same but I look less tired all of the time?
Will I have a reaction to the filler?
Going LIVE at 10:45/11ish is something that is new to me also, so forgive me for however awkward I am! HAHA. Especially sitting there with a needle at my eye...
This should be fun?
Why am I getting under eye filler?
I've had very pronounced and hollow under eyes ever since I can remember! It's just the way my face structure is and I've never had the normal fat under my eyes. With age I've only seen my under eye's get more and more defined as the skin thins and with that loss of volume my eyes have become more hollow, and give me the appearance of deeper dark circles constantly.
It makes me look super tired.
Or like I've been crying a long time when I haven't at all.
And sometimes it's the only thing that I can see in certain lighting. For that matter, unless the lighting is absolutely perfect (which is rare) they are pretty much there and there's nothing make-up can do to hide that.
So don't get me wrong, it's very much a vanity & insecurity issue. But it's something that I've wanted to try for a VERY long time. And if it can help me look a little less droopy, then I will definitely try it out and I personally don't find anything wrong with that.
I know these sorts of things aren't for everyone BUT if you are interested in getting filler or a procedure similar to this one, then I help that me documenting this process for myself will help you!
SO this morning I'll be going LIVE on Instagram at 10:45/11ish to show the procedure. And then I'll be documenting the healing, the before and after, and answering any questions you have in the weeks to come.
What to expect when getting under eye filler
- The cost of under-eye filler is generally around $400-$600/eye. It varies per doctor & location though! And a lot of doctors offer specials on it throughout the year.
- The filler usually last around 6 months to a year, depending on how much is injected and how your body works with it.
- They do ice and put numbing cream around the area, and it shouldn't really hurt.
- There is a possibility of having a negative reaction to the filler. In that case, they would inject something that dissolves the filler and everything would go back to normal, once the bruising went away.
- I will have swelling and bruising after the filler is injected and will last several days! But it should be easy to cover up with make-up.
- The full affect of the filler for a good after photo will probably take about two weeks to get to!
So those are the basics of what I've heard and been told to expect before getting it done. I will definitely be going through and sharing the whole process after the fact on my blog! And make sure to tune into my live video on Instagram around 11am!
You can comment anywhere with your questions: on the live video, on the blog or email me firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
Where I'm getting my under eye filler done here in Austin, TX
"We have nine locations serving Austin and the Hill Country area, including our newest location at Lamar Central. To schedule an appointment, please contact the clinic of your choice.
Our clinics are open Monday – Friday from 8am to 5pm. In addition, our Lamar Central location is open on Saturdays for retail and appointments."
Wish me luck!
Have you had this procedure done before? IF so, what was your experience - I'd love to hear about it! If you haven't had it done, have you thought about it before?