I’ve learned a few things about myself recently. Maybe its because not much is happening (what I would like to be happening) or maybe it’s because we are busy. Because I feel both simultaneously! So I’ve learned a few things in the midst of life…well some of them I’ve always known but I’m just openly admitting – enjoy:
- I’ve been told multiple times now that I’m ADD and I guess it’s really true!? I mean, sometimes I feel ADD but isn’t that also just a product of all this technology and social media at our fingertips 24/7? I can’t even sit down and watch a show without feeling like I need to multi-task. My attention is pulled in at least 5 different directions way too often! So I was originally diagnosed by two different people as ADD because when I was younger I would throw the biggest temper tantrums if a sock didn’t fit just right, and I’m still super OCD about my clothes feeling comfortable but I had no idea that was a sign of being ADD! So weird/interesting!
- Cleaning / organizing de-stresses me like nothing else. I’m better at staying focused when I’m doing something physically productive like clearing out a room and putting a new one together or painting a room or moving heavy things.
- I prefer to not work out and would much rather just do manual labor. See #2 and also it’s so much more productive in my mind.
- When things don’t go according to plan I have a hard time letting go of how I wanted it to go and my attitude sucks! Like it ruins my morning/afternoon/evening/day/night. And then I get angry at myself for being selfish and then my energy is all weird… My chakras are all off kilter! Sorry people affected by that ever. I’ll work on it more!
- I’m really a type A that likes to pretend to be a type B? C? D? I don’t know the opposite but I’m not as spontaneous as I think I am. Let me know a month in advance or at the very least give me an hour to mentally prepare myself! Please, it’s beneficial for everyone.
- I’m turning into one of those old ladies you see on those prank videos who can be startled really easily! I don’t know when this happened but lately people can literally ring the doorbell and when I open the door I jump a little bit because I’m startled to see someone standing there. How in the world have I become the startled old lady already?! You can imagine when someone surprises me while I’m zoned in on a task and they walk up behind me unexpectedly and say something. I jump and pee a little bit every dang time!
- I struggle with living in my present life with a grateful heart. I constantly feel myself looking around the corner at every step, wondering whats next. What’s up with that!!? When did I start thinking that things were all about me and what I wanted to happen and where I wanted to go? UGH. I really crave to see the Glory of God in the mundane and ordinary days of life and in good hard work done well and in loving well and living grace day-to-day (isn’t that hard enough in and of itself?!?). That contentment is what I truly want, even when I really want to go rest my bum on the beach for a week somewhere magical. It’s just that sometimes I need to be reminded of this and gently slapped across the face with reality. This isn’t Amandaland.
- I simultaneously feel anxiety and peace without my cell phone! It died today and I’ll be a few days to however long without a phone. And my first instinct was THIS IS ACTUALLY SO NICE. I actually love that I’m not tied to my phone because I have no option but to not be. But then after about 5 hours….sheer anxiousness has set in. Because I want to communicate with my traveling husband. And I need to have convenient communication with airbnb guests (getting on the computer is so much work…as I sit here and type this post up). And I missed a text from a friend who wanted to get lunch! I. LOVE. AND. HATE. TECHNOLOGY. A lot and at the same time.
The end. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Also I had a lot of silence without my phone blasting music while I was working today so if anyone has any prayer requests that they don’t mind sharing in the comment section, let me know!